The shortlist for the Music Videos Competition at the 18th Plus Cameraimage, the International Film Festival of the Art of Cinematography, has just been announced – just over two weeks before the opening of the festival in Bydgoszcz, Poland on November 27th. The stop motion soldier video of Sea Change has been shortlisted for the competition. Check out the details and the full list of nominees after the break.
There are 15 nominated videos on the shortlist up for two awards – Best Cinematography and Best Music Video – in the Plus Cameraimage 2010 music video competition, which is partnered by Promo News and Video Static. The nominated videos are:
• Turin Brakes – Sea Change (DoP: Martin William; dir. Harry Dwyer)
• CocoRosie – Lemonade (DoP: Katie Milwright; director: Emma Freeman)
• Creep – Days (DoP: Pete Konczal; dir. Warren Fischer)
• Czesław Śpiewa – Krucha blondynka (DoP: Mads Køngerskov; dir. Mads Hemmingsen)
• Eminem feat. Rhianna – Love The Way You Lie (DoP: Christopher Probst; dir. Joseph Kahn)
• Fever Ray – Stranger Than Kindness (DoP: Jallo Faber; dir. Andreas Nilsson)
• Florence & the Machine – Cosmic Love (DoP: Denzil Armour-Brown; dir. Tom Beard, Tabitha Denholm)
• Gorillaz feat. Mos Def and Bobby Womack – Stylo (DoP: Steve Chivers; dir. Jamie Hewlett, co-dir. Peter Candeland)
• How To Destroy Angels – The Space Between (DoP: Greig Fraser; dir. Rupert Sanders)
• Kora – Zabawa w chowanego (DoP: Marek Sanak, dir. Bartosz Ignaciuk)
• Lady Gaga – Bad Romance (DoP: Thomas Kloss; dir. Francis Lawrence)
• Morcheeba – Even Though (DoP: Ross McLennan; dir. Ian Bonhôte)
• Murder By Death – White Noise (DoP: none; dir. MaricorMaricar)
• Plan B – Prayin’ (DoP: Robbie Ryan; dir. Daniel Wolfe)
• UNKLE – Follow Me Down (DoP: Daniel Landin; dir. Warren du Preez, Nick Thornton Jones)
It’s the second year that the highly respected Plus Cameraimage has run a dedicated competition for music videos, and as with last year the videos nominated for the two music video awards will be presented at an official screening to the music video competition jury.
On the Plus Cameraimage music video competition jury are:
• Shawn Kim – cinematographer, worked on commercials, movies and music videos of such artists as: Yeah Yeah Yeah’s, The Editors, Beck, Muse, Katy Perry, Kings of Leon.
• David Knight – editor of Promo News, editorial director of UK Music Video Awards, co-founder and programmer of BUG
• Matthew Libatique – cinematographer Pi, Requiem for a Dream, The Fountain, Black Swan, Phone Booth, The Number 23, Iron Man, and numerous music videos
• Wojciech Mann – music journalist, TV radio presenter, and influential Polish journalist
• Daniel Pearl – cinematographer on Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Pathfinder, Friday the 13th, and DoP on music videos for U2, The Police, Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston, Madonna, Guns N’ Roses and The Rolling Stones among others
• Zbigniew Rybczyński – director, writer, cinematographer on animated and experimental films, (Soup, Tango, The Orchestra, Kafka), and on dozens of music videos (John Lennon’s “Imagine” among others)
This year’s Plus Cameraimage festival runs from November 27th to December 4th. Visit the festival website or Facebook for more information about the festival – and more information about the city of Bydgoszcz can be found here.