Turin Brakes are planning to return to UK venues to celebrate 20 years of The Optimist LP. This fact alone gives me many feelings, and mostly positive and hopeful ones (after all it’s The Optimist…). The tour is, for now, mainly a UK one (I’m still gonna blame #Brexit for that, sorry), starting in Southampton 7 October 2021 and finishing on the 24th in Cardiff’s Tramshed.
The band posted a video on Facebook. But here’s a list of the dates:
For people who can’t read the image:
- 07 Oct 2021 – Southampton, The 1865
- 08 Oct 2021 – Cambridge, Junction
- 09 Oct 2021 – London, O2 Shepherds Bush Empire
- 10 Oct 2021 – Brighton, Chalk
- 14 Oct 2021 – Bristol, O2 Academy
- 15 Oct 2021 – Manchester, Cathedral
- 16 Oct 2021 – Newcastle, Boiler Shop
- 17 Oct 2021 – Glasgow, Barrowlands
- 21 Oct 2021 – Birmingham, O2 Institute
- 22 Oct 2021 – Leeds, University Stylus
- 23 Oct 2021 – Liverpool, O2 Academy
- 24 Oct 2021 – Cardiff, Tramshed
General sale starts this Friday, but there’s a presale here from Wednesday morning (10 am).
Let’s hope the rest of Europa and perhaps other parts of the world will get to share in The Optimist 20th Anniversary love, be it in the form of live dates, or – dare I say it – a nice packaged remastered re-release of the album itself?
Recently, the band posted an Instagram post saying they were looking through the original demos and recordings for the album:
I’d wholeheartedly buy a limited edition Optimist 20th anniversary package with some unreleased materials and trinkets, even in these strange times we live in.
Tim’s Twitter Listening party
If you can’t wait till 2021: this Thursday (5 Nov) there’s a listening party happening online for you Optimist fans. This happens on Twitter from 10 PM (UK time). Turin Brakes will provide commentary about the album while this happens, see this tweet for relevant details:
Pingback: Final Turin Brakes acoustic tour dates postponed once more | Ether Site